The best topic

Replies: 10386
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:44 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Reggie Essent

Thinking About a New Mustang?

Started by Angry White Male, July 26, 2016, 03:58:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Angry White Male

Disregard the language spoken...

You fucking WATCH this!

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsIOb53ugG8

JOE

I saw one the other day on the street. Its a wide fat muscle car, about 1 foot longer in width then the average car. Maybe around 7 to 8 feet? Maybe that has to do with it being v8 and the engine has to sit horizontally?

Anyways, I noticed that the driver scraped the side of the car on the passenger side. Maybe they weren't used to the width. I bet it must be like driving a Lincoln town car. Same idea. The driver has to be confortable with their own body sitting in the vehilce, get used to its size. A fat/wide car like that a person has to be careful. Wider turning radius I bet. And at high speeds driver has to be careful how they go into the turns or else it can spin out of control more easily than a conventially sized vehicle.

Am I right in my analysis of driving this vehicle, Mel?

JOE

I'd wager that a person has to be a better than average driver to handle those kind of vehicles effectively.

The Donald

When I am president, any parts for Mustangs not made in America will have a 35% tariff placed on them.
Make America Great Again

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Disregard the language spoken...

You fucking WATCH this!

If I was ever going to buy a girly car, the Mustang would be the last one I would ever buy.

Anonymous

You fucking WATCH this!

A very pretty car Angry White Male.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"

You fucking WATCH this!

If I was ever going to buy a girly car, the Mustang would be the last one I would ever buy.
It's not my first pick.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "JOE"I saw one the other day on the street. Its a wide fat muscle car, about 1 foot longer in width then the average car. Maybe around 7 to 8 feet? Maybe that has to do with it being v8 and the engine has to sit horizontally?

Anyways, I noticed that the driver scraped the side of the car on the passenger side. Maybe they weren't used to the width. I bet it must be like driving a Lincoln town car. Same idea. The driver has to be confortable with their own body sitting in the vehilce, get used to its size. A fat/wide car like that a person has to be careful. Wider turning radius I bet. And at high speeds driver has to be careful how they go into the turns or else it can spin out of control more easily than a conventially sized vehicle.

Am I right in my analysis of driving this vehicle, Mel?

It's not a small car, and you do sit relatively low, so it's not the easiest vehicle to judge your "position" on the road and around things.  However, we've both driven larger commercial vehicles, so you eventually get "used" to it, or most people do.  The ones that don't are probably up for expensive repair bills.

Turning radius is good.  The new Mustangs all have full traction control, so it would be quite difficult to run into too many problems.  I always drive with all traction controls off, and I'll be honest...  Even in the wet, it isn't that easy to fishtail these things...  I'm running good tires, and the front/rear weight bias is improved over the Mustangs of yesteryear.  Other than its ability to reach speeds quickly, you'd have to be an idiot to not be able to handle one of these newer Mustangs, IMHO.  They are actually quite easy to drive!

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Herman"If I was ever going to buy a girly car, the Mustang would be the last one I would ever buy.

Not sure exactly what's "girly" about a front-engined two door coupe driving the rear wheels with a 435 HP V8...

Maybe you can fill me in?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Herman"If I was ever going to buy a girly car, the Mustang would be the last one I would ever buy.

Not sure exactly what's "girly" about a front-engined two door coupe driving the rear wheels with a 435 HP V8...

I used to have an 87 IROC-Z.

Angry White Male

Don't let Herman know that!  You're a "girly man" now too!

Angry White Male

I liked the Camaro's also.  My very first car when I turned 16 was an old Camaro.  Slow by today's standards, but still decent to drive.

As I'm not exactly "brand loyal," I find that I prefer the modern Mustang over the modern Camaro.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Fashionista"A very pretty car Angry White Male.

Believe it or not, I am a fan of late 1950's American cars...  The ones that could rocket you to the moon, with full flight stability thanks to foot tall fins...

Nonetheless, a museum piece is not what I need right now.  For a daily driver, the Mustang is good!  Better than that!  Good handling, fast enough, and fuel mileage isn't that bad...

And quite honestly?  Other people like my car more than I do!  Shit, from kids coming out of the Elementary school giving me the "thumbs up," to college hotties taking a second look while their panties get wet...

People like the Mustang.  

I ALMOST bought a 1967 Cadillac convertible, in excellent shape, before I made my current decision...  It was a tough choice...

Nonetheless, it wasn't the choice model year of Cadillac for me, and the 58's and 59's in the shape that I require command a HUGE premium, I altered my choice...

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Angry White Male"

I used to have an 87 IROC-Z.

I liked the old Camaros. I like the new ones too. But, I would never buy a car.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Herman"I liked the old Camaros. I like the new ones too. But, I would never buy a car.

Nice 'switcheroo,' Herman!

I guess only certain cars are "girly," depending on who owns what...

Print
User actions